Monday, May 14, 2012

Surviving in Hollywoodland

A day in the life. Since I moved out to LA I've been doing a lot of writing, which of course is fantastic. What isn't as fantastic is how hard it's been to find a job. I've had high points and I've had low points, but what hasn't changed is my desire and motivation to make a difference. I don't want to be one of the numbers, I want to be one of the exceptions and I will continue to work just as hard to make that happen. 


Fade In..... on a girl.
With a hunger for fame. 
And a face and a name,
to remember.....

EXT. HOLLYWOOD HILLS - DAY

A twenty something year old girl gazes at the age old Hollywood sign. The tall and weathered majestic white letters symbolize more then just the city it is named after, but generations of dreams that millions hold in their heart. The girl sighs.

YOUNG GIRL
And I'm just one of the millions....

She looks up to the sun and blinks at the brightness. Up in the hills the world is quiet. Quiet at least for LA. She can actually hear the birds chirp and the breeze blow through the trees...with the occasional car honk and shout. 

YOUNG GIRL
Time to head back to reality.

The girl walks down from the hills into the heart of Hollywood. Hundreds of people crowd the streets, awed by the city. The girl has lived here long enough for the sparkle to diminish in her eyes. She mutters amid all the people and car exhaust. 

YOUNG GIRL
Don't they know it's not that glamorous?

She squeezes through the tourists crowding the streets as they gape and gasp along the Hollywood Walk of Fame and sighs as she's jostled and pushed along. Pulling out her phone she stops to check the time and doesn't see the person running behind her. The next thing she knows she's suddenly knocked over. She sucks in a breath and ungracefully slides along the famous stars. Rubbing at her knees and elbows which took most of the brunt she looks down to pick up her phone. She smiles when she notices whose star she landed on.

YOUNG GIRL
One day...

Picking herself up from Sandra Bullock's star, she straightens and brushes off her clothes before  joining the crowed once more and disappearing into the mass of people.

*********

This is not really anything I'm officially working on, rather something that just came to me when I sat down to write my next blog post. A friend of mine suggested something along these lines when I was asking for more blog ideas. (If any of you ever have any ideas for me, please let me know anytime! Or if there's something in particular you'd like to know about, don't hesitate to ask)

I don't know if I'll continue the story....but if you guys happen to like it and want to know what happens next I can most definitely come up with something!
I just thought I would show you guys how I spend a lot of my days, writing made up stories, that will hopefully get somewhere, someday, and make a difference. 


Stand By and Stay tuned, there's more to come.

Let me know if you like it and want more!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers