Sunday, May 6, 2012

Journey to a Dream

HELLO WORLD.

My name is Monica. I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to leave a legacy with you. How? Well I'm still working on that, but this blog will document my journey. I work in film, I imagine your eyes lit up at that fact, but dial down the excitement because it's not swanky, or glamorous, or any of the things everyone imagines it to be.

This is what the audience sees:

Fade In:

A dark theater stage slowly illuminates. Shimmering and glowing in a multitude of colors, the stage radiates light. From off stage left, a stunning young woman walks out in a glimmering red dress. The spotlight centers on her and the audience is captivated.

Here's what you don't see:

Fade In:

In the wings of that theater, there's me. Running around like the tasmanian devil after all the extras making sure they have the appropriate props, making sure they are where they need to be, and making sure they are using the props correctly. (That's a big one, because why would you even consider that an extra doesn't know how to use a hammer??)

Still think it's glamorous? I don't. It's hard, it's dirty, it's gritty, and it's 12+ hours on your feet every single day. But you know what? I absolutely love it.

But I also love this. I love writing, so I'm taking you on this journey with me to discover how I'm going to impact the world. I don't think it'll be with props, although who knows at this point. But, however I make it happen, with my wit and written word, or boundless amounts of energy on set, I will leave a legacy. Stand by and Stay tuned, there's more to come.

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of this. I hope you stay with and let us live vicariously through your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wishing you all the best in reaching for your stars!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers