Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My Inspiration


My last blog post was about my mother and how truly exceptional she is. She is my everything and I meant every word, but I realize now I need to also give some recognition to my other constant supporter. The one who is my absolute inspiration, pillar of strength, source of giggles, and the role model for the kind of man I want to marry one day. My dad, Tony D'Onofrio.

They say daughters quickly become their father's pride and joy almost immediately from birth, however according to my mother we have been twins since I was created. My personality, behavior traits, and most of my features all primarily come from my Dad. She even likes to joke that she had almost nothing to do with creating me because it seems like my Dad spit me out on his own.

To say he is the greatest man I know is not an understatement. My admiration and love for him are infinite. His kind hearted nature, tenacity, compassion, love of conversation, and outgoing personality are everything I strive to be. Not to mention his constant and endless support of me, my dreams, and my life. I honestly cannot stop praising his talents and who he is as a person. I could gush about him for days because I have learned over the years that it is incredibly hard to find another man who is as wonderful as he.

The film industry dreams I've had over the years are actually quite rare. It is a tough industry and definitely not for everyone. No matter what I wanted to do, or where it took me in life, my Dad was always there telling me to dream big. He was one step behind me constantly reminding me that the sky is the limit. I honestly cannot say how much that has meant to me over the years. To know that you are infinitely loved is a beautiful thing, but to know that you are infinitely loved and can pursue your dreams to your hearts desire is incredible. I knew he would be there if I ever failed. I knew he would be there if I ever stumbled. I know he is always there. That is what I am in awe of sometimes, and those are the moments when I know I am so incredibly blessed. He is always there for me. He is the most incredible man I know and I wanted to take a minute and acknowledge him as well. By yourself, you are my biggest inspiration, together with Mom, you both are my greatest joy and strength. Thank you for loving me, supporting me, and being there for me. I will do everything in my power to continue to make you proud.

Stand By and Stay Tuned, there's more to Come...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers