Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Life is a Dance

"Life is like dancing. If we have a big floor, many people will dance. Some will get angry when the rhythm changes. But life is changing all the time."

I am sure most of you have noticed, but there have been quite a few changes in my life during the past few months. Doors have opened, and doors have closed, big decisions were put in front of me, and I found myself conflicted. I was at a crossroads, and no matter how I looked at things, I couldn't seem to decide which was the right way to go. I know most of you have been in similar situations and I wish I had some words of wisdom for you when it comes to moments like that. All I can say is what worked for me, and what helped me make up my mind and find absolute peace, is I simply sat down and listened to my heart. 

Fast forwarding many months later, to right here in the present, I am sincerely amazed at how in that moment months ago when I didn't know what to do, my heart did. It knew what was waiting for me, if I just had the courage to trust it. A few months ago I was living in LA. The year I lived out there was a wonderful adventure. Many good things happened to me, and some bad things as well, but I was surrounded by people living and breathing the film industry and that was exhilarating to me. When they say LA is the city of dreams, they are not exaggerating. Everyone is a dreamer, including myself. The question is though, how long do you keep dreaming? What do you put yourself through to see that your dreams come true? To some, that may seem a little over dramatic, but to those who are part of the film industry, they know exactly what I mean. So when my parents called and told me they were moving to Switzerland for three years and asked if I wanted to come back across the country to house sit for them, I felt that I was failing myself and my dreams for even considering it. 

I went back and forth about it for months, driving everyone crazy with my indecision. I just could not decide which was the better choice for me. And then one day, everything suddenly made sense, and my decision was crystal clear. I don't know how many times in life we find ourselves in perfect harmony with our lives, but that's exactly how I felt. Suddenly I knew that coming back was the right choice, I didn't know why, but I knew that when I thought about it, I was at peace and I saw it with perfect clarity. 

So yes I am back on the East Coast now. I know most of you have been confused as to what's been going on with me lately so I thought I would let you know. I am so incredibly happy. I haven't given up on the film industry completely. Those who know me, know that I always have something up my sleeve, and indeed I do. Despite all the things I have gone through in the last few months, and all the decisions I have made, I truly believe that right now in my life, I am in the right place at the right time, and I am ready for whatever happens next. 

I wish you all have those moments of perfect clarity. Yes I am still having ups and downs but I know that everything will work out in the end. I haven't been good at updates lately, but I promise to be better at it and keep you involved with my stories and my life. Thank you for all your good thoughts, and love that you've sent my way, I sent it all back!

Stand By and Stay Tuned, there's more to come....




Nikon D3100 14.2MP Digital SLR Camera - Digital SLR Cameras (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers