Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A Mother's Love

“My mother... she is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her.” 

Mothers are such an important part of our lives. When we are growing up, we do not realize how much our mothers impact our lives. Every decision, every situation, every moment somehow ends up coming back to what Mom would say. For myself, I have been extraordinarily blessed with my Mother. She's been there for the good times, and she's been there for the bad times. The times when I wouldn't listen, and the times when now I do. She is one of the permanent constants who has always been part of my life, and who is my ultimate cheerleader and supporter. For that and so much more, I love her more than infinity. 

Growing up, Mom's were always a bother. We didn't want to listen, we didn't want to do anything they would say, we didn't want to do chores, or homework, or go to the stupid dentist. We just wanted to live our lives the way we wanted to. So how funny is it, that now when I am living my own life away from my Mother, I somehow cannot make certain decisions without asking what she thinks. The irony is definitely not lost on me. In reality, now that I am older and wiser, (of course) I see how fantastic she is. She's strong, she's patient, she's kind, she's generous, and she is the smartest person I know. How did I miss all of that growing up? 

I hope for this Mother's Day, we all open our eyes a little more and see the person our Mom really is and how amazing they are. Every single day, I am grateful for my Mother and I cannot believe how blessed I am. I know I rebelled, argued, and fought constantly with her growing up, but I hope to make that up to her for the rest of my life. So thank you Mom for always being there for me, for teaching me, believing in me, listening to me, and supporting me. I hope when I become a Mother I am half as amazing as you are, because I have been given the best example. 

Happy Mother's day to my Mother, my best friend, and all the other Mother's out there. 

Stand By and Stay Tuned, there's more to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers