Monday, June 17, 2013

Take an Adventure

"It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves."

The other day I was sitting at my computer and I started looking through my pictures over the years, and I couldn't believe how many adventures I have had. All the places I have been, the experiences I have had and all the wonderful people I have met along the way. I was surprised to rediscover so many wonderful memories.

A big part of my travels has always been with my family, and I remember thinking when I was younger that I could never travel on my own, because I would be to afraid to navigate around by myself. However, in the past 5 years of my life, I've lived in three different cities, including one that is on the other side of the country. The best part is, I moved out there all on my own. I am enormously proud of that, especially when I look back and realize I used to be afraid. There is a part of me that has grown tremendously from taking that leap and and I have made so many wonderful memories all on my own.

It is thrilling to look back and remember all the adventures.  The rolling hills of Austria, the Swiss Alps, the power of the Hollywood sign and the majestic Eiffel Tower. Or some of my absolute favorites, Venice, the sunrise on the beach in Charleston, and the time I worked alongside my favorite actress of all time. No matter where you go or what you do, if it is something you've never done before then it is an adventure.

It made me realize that we don't take enough time these days to go on any adventures. Whether it's somewhere close you have always wanted to go, across the ocean, or even across your own country, we need to take a moment and experience as much as we can.

Time is fleeting and we need to make the moments count. So take that drive you have always wanted to take, book that trip, and go have an adventure. You won't regret it and one day you'll be sitting at your computer looking through the pictures and you'll have the biggest smile on your face as you look back and remember.

Stand By and Stay Tuned, there's more to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers