Friday, May 6, 2016

Life Doesn't Always Turn Out the Way You Plan

A very wise actress in a very wise movie once said "Life doesn't always turn out the way you plan."
-Sandra Bullock, While you Were Sleeping.

Maybe everyone else doesn't find that movie very wise. But, sometimes the best advice comes when you least expect it. That's why I love that quote so much. It teaches you to always keep an open mind about life and to remember that sometimes the best things are completely unexpected.

Take my life for instance. A decent chunk of it has not gone as planned at all. And I am a planner. Always have been, always will be. But, even I cannot count for the unknown. However, I've learned that, it's ok, thanks to another one of my favorite quotes. "Have courage and be kind." That's Cinderella for you non-cinematic folks. The live action film of course. As I get older, and by older I mean 30 is approaching far more quickly than I'd like, I've realized that both those quotes are greatly significant.

I've worked in film industry.
I've moved across the country
I've moved back across the country
I've started my career over
I've fallen in love
I agreed to marry the love of my life
And still changes are coming. They never stop.

So the reminder for today is, have courage and be kind. Because, life doesn't always turn out the way you plan. You never know, your glass slipper could be right around the corner.

Stand By and Stay Tuned, there's more to come...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers