Monday, June 11, 2012

Surprises

Life is full of surprises. I know that we sometimes love that and hate that about life, and while we will never understand the mystery of life, it's the people in our lives who go out of their way to surprise you that matter and make it all worthwhile. Two weeks ago I got the surprise of my life when my Mom showed up here in LA. I was shocked to find out that my family had kept the secret from me of her visit for a month (if any of you know my family, that is quite exceptional of them...Europeans can't keep secrets!) and it wasn't until she was on the plane out here that I learned she was coming. It was the most wonderful, amazing, thrilling and much needed surprise. She knew I have been a little homesick over here and there was nothing more I could have asked for. It made me realize how lucky I am to have such a wonderful support system like that. It also made me realize the lengths she would go to just to make sure I am ok. We need to be like that for the people we care most about in our lives, and remember to show them how much we care. Whether it's a big surprise, or little surprise, or even just something that will make them smile, do something every once in a while to lift their spirits and remind them they're important to you.

I had ten wonderful days with my mom around LA and it was some of the best days I've had over here!  I truly believe that people are one of the most important parts of life. Don't take them for granted. You could have the best job, the best car, tons of money, or the biggest house, but for me that wouldn't mean anything unless I had the people I loved most around me. Show the people in your life how much you love them, remind them of that, or surprise them because not everyone is so lucky. Live. Laugh. Love.

Stand By and Stay tuned, there's more to come.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you enjoyed it. When I was telling someone about my surprise visit, they commented that they wouldn't appreciate a surprise visit from their mother. That made me think of how I would give anything to get a surprise visit from my mom. My mother died when I was 27, my heart still aches for her at times, I am so glad we are the type of family that truly appreciates and loves each other to the fullest.
    Had so much fun with you, and still miss you like crazy. I'm surrounded by boys here. Love you always. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers