Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Journey Continues

Six months ago I moved to this big, brand new city. You've probably heard of it. It's called Los Angeles. Bright eyed and bushy tailed I literally packed up my entire life and moved here. Along with the masses, I had a dream and nothing was going to get in my way.

Well it ended up that a few things got in my way. Like the thousands of other people looking for a job and wanting to work in the film business, the insanity of gas prices, and expenses in this city, as well as rent of course. So I exhausted all my contacts, met new contacts, and pounded the pavement. I'm not going to lie, I got a little discouraged along the way. All the coffee and meetings, and lunches, and dinners with people led to nothing. All my existing contacts led to nothing. Hollywood's a harsh reality when you tear away all the glamour and gloss and sparkle of it all. But I never lost hope, I never stopped believing that there was something waiting for me. Even when I missed my family beyond belief they showed up here and helped me through it. And you know what? There was something waiting for me, and I finally found it.

As of this week, I now work full time at a small production studio named FilmOn in Beverly Hills. They do 10 live online shows a week. It's a little different then what I'm normally used to doing in a production studio. I've had to adjust and learn new things, but I'm slowly finding my way and my place there. The crew is fantastic as is the cast. It's a really cool group of people. I help run the control room during the live show as well a  few other random things. It's a new experience that I'm welcoming and embracing. Plus, I'm really loving being in Beverly Hills every day. That in itself, is really fun. Yesterday Stephen Baldwin stopped by the studio and I got to meet him. He's a really awesome guy.  I'm sure there'll be many more of those moments to come, and I'm looking forward to them.

So thank you to everyone who believed in me and thought of me, and helped me along the way. All of that lead me to here and I'm eternally grateful for such a wonderful support system. It hasn't always been easy over here, but I never stopped believing. That's what I hope to pass on to all of you who read this. During many points in your life you'll have periods that get you down, but never give up hope. The sun will always shine again, the days will always get better. Don't get down in the dark periods, chase the light instead.

Stand By and Stay Tuned, there's more to come.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers