Saturday, August 4, 2012

Beverly Hills Adventures

It's been a while guys, I know. I haven't kept up only because all my energy has been going into work lately. I get home each night and literally collapse on the couch, but I'm going to be better about it again. So much has happened in the couple months I've been working. But first, can I just say how much I love Beverly Hills?! What a cool part of LA and I love that I am able to be there every day and explore new parts of it. Working there every day motivates me even more to achieve all that I want too and more because it would be awesome to live there too one day. Plus the celebrity sightings are no hardship either. I was at Starbucks this week and this man came up to stand beside me as he waited for his coffee. I happened to glance up and I thought "Hmm that guy looks a lot like Kelsey Grammer." I looked again, very subtlely of course, and thought "Nooo that can't be him, I'm just imagining it." Then the barista asked him a question and as soon as he spoke I knew I was standing right next to the legendary Dr. Frasier Krane. I'd recognize that voice anywhere. I wanted to tell him how much I love Frasier, but as I was standing there grinning stupidly to myself about the whole thing, I decided just to keep it to myself and not bother him. Just standing next to him was enough, I'm actually still smiling about it haha. Although if it becomes a regular thing, you can bet I'll start chatting with him!

Another cool story that happened recently from another morning also occurred on my way to Starbucks (I'm sensing a pattern here, is that just me?) I happened upon a movie set on my way there - Imagine having a sort of movie set radar, because that's what I believe I have. I can spot them from 10 blocks away and I immediately zeroed in on the prop truck, so I knew I had indeed stumbled upon an actual movie set. (As opposed to an imaginary one? I don't know where I was going with that, but just roll with it) Well as I started toward the movie set, because it was taking up the whole street and of course I'm not going to go around it. I wanted to walk right through it. (Side Note: When you've worked on movie sets before, you learn how to do that so that no one questions you or what you're doing. I'm afraid I can't tell anyone how that works or I'd have to kill you. Wait, what?) Back to my story, so I'm walking through the movie set and all of a sudden I see a couple guys I recognize. It turns out part of the camera department from this movie (which I found out was a Steven Soderbergh HBO movie) also worked on Hunger Games with me, so I had tons of fun catching up with them for a bit and getting to see them again.

Of course when I got back to the studio (coffee cup in hand, I did eventually make it to Starbucks amid all the excitement) I was telling Janice Dickinson about my movie set adventures and low and behold she jumps up and decides she has to go talk to Steven Soderbergh right then and there. She strides out the door yelling over her shoulder for me to follow her, so we head back there and I get to see my Hunger Games friends again while Janice takes pictures with the crew and tries to find Steven. We never found Steven since we didn't have a lot of time before we had to start her morning show, but I did see Matt Damon! So it's a success in my eyes even though I was running around like crazy trying to follow Janice around. (She has really long legs, it's harder then you think...)

Anyway those are a couple adventures I've have lately. As you can see I'm really enjoying this new chapter of my life and the experiences I'm getting to have. I'll post more updates in a more current fashion from now on I promise. For all those who were worried about me in the last few months, I'm doing really great now.  I'm enjoying this next phase and the opportunities that have become available to me and what I'm doing. I don't know if I'll ever become one of those people who are no longer star struck, it happens to the best of us, but sometimes I still can't believe I'm here in LA. One day it'll sink in, but for now I'm loving every minute. I'd like to give a shout out to everyone at FilmOn, especially Kato Kaelin who is awesome and has given me a segment on his show! Much love to all my friends and family. I miss you all more then you know. Stand By and Stay tuned, there's more to come.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers